The Habitat for Humanity Affiliate in Newark, New Jersey has teamed up with the Ironbound Community
Corp to build/rehab affordable housing in a residential neighborhood of the Ironbound. You may qualify
to purchase one of the units “to be built/rehabbed.”
- Is your current housing unsafe, overcrowded, poorly maintained, and or too expensive for you?
- Are you and your family willing to work a minimum of 100 to 400 hours to help build your home, and the homes of your Habitat for Humanity neighbors?
- Is your annual gross family income at least $25,300 but no more than $61,500?
- Do you keep current with all bills and payments? Are all legal liens or judgments paid?
If you answered Yes to these questions, then we invite you to join us for a Free Habitat for Humanity Application Orientation meeting.
When: Saturday, December 4th - 10:00am
Where: St. James Church
142 Jefferson Street Newark, New Jersey | Map/Directions
Description of House
Location: Newark’s Historic Ironbound Section.
Type of Building: One to four unit multi-family homes.
Cost: To be determined and dependant on overall combined rehab cost. Zero percent interest. You ONLY pay cost.
Selection Process: All applicants must attend an orientation and understand the requirements of the Habitat for Humanity program for homeownership. In addition the family must return a completed application within 30 days of the Orientation (Late applications will NOT be considered).
- Applications must be completely filled out and returned with a $20 money order (to cover the cost of running a credit report).
- Each application will be reviewed for financial qualifications, need for decent housing and willingness to partner with Habitat for Humanity Newark.
If you have any questions or would like more information please call Marly Mattos of ICC at 973.465.0555 or Habitat Newark at 973.624.3330.